Wednesday 14 April 2010

Better Late Than Never!!



So Im back from outer space! well sure feels like it after last nights results :((

Ive gained 4lbs, ok so its not the end of the world and its a gain over many weeks, but now, OMGosh, I have 10lbs to lose to my 3 stone mark.......gutted!!

Hey Ho! despite the disappointment, I am determined to do it.  First stop after weigh in was the supermarket (hence why I didnt get around to posting last night)....£94 later, yes I know isnt it dreadful, shopping has gone up so much recently, for instance a pack of 4 peppers, 2 weeks ago was £1.58, now theyve jumped to £1.89, I couldnt believe it.

Anyway, enough of that, the shoppings done now, lots of nice fresh fruit and veg has been aquired, now to meal planning for the week.

This is going to be easy as I picked up a new book last night at class, Feasts for a Fiver (at least I think thats what its called haha!) it has some fab recipes in it, including some great ideas for lunches, which is something I struggle with.

However, I do make a mean (even if I do say so myself) home made version of the Harvester salad.  I love their salads, not so much the look of them but more the variety.

So today we have my version for lunch:

Kidney Beans, Beetroot (the fresh (?) vacuum packed stuff), Sweetcorn, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Carrot, Green Bean salad ( I cheat and get this out of a tin, I know, the shame hehe) and last but not least instead of raisins I add a few grapes, halved.

Chuck it all in a lunch box, stir and go! easy as, fills you up too.

So whats your healthy option for lunch?

ttfn x

3 comments:

  1. Hi I love the sound of your version of the 'harvester' salad, yum!
    Jackie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it 'Free' on easy peasy lemon squeezy? sounds lovely. Will have to check out the green bean salad in a tin though. Not heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Sal, all FREE! The green bean salad in a small or large tin, is from Morrisons or Tesco, not sure about what other stores have.

    ReplyDelete